- Consensual Non-Monogamies and other Alternative Lifestyles
- Swinging and Open Marriages.
Further, he has conducted several groundbreaking studies on
Swingers and the Swinging Lifestyle and has also published and presented several articles and research papers at several International Media Outlets and Scientific Conferences.
Dr. Fernandes is a member of the following Professional Organizations:
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS)
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI)
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counsellors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Canadian Sexual Research Forum (CSRF)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Community Academic Consortium for Research on Alternative Sexualities (CARAS)
- International association for cross-cultural psychology (IACCP)
- Presently working on three studies on Sexual Attitudes and Personality Profiles of individuals involved in Consensual Non-monogamy and extra-dyadic Sexual Activities.
- He has just completed a study on
Dr. Fernandes has appeared in several television and radio shows in Canada and the US He also hosted a Cable-vision phone-in show in Canada on Sexuality and Sexual Relationships. His work has been featured on several high profile Magazines, such as Esquire, Self Magazine, and he has been an invited guest lecturer at a number of International Universities.
He was recently a guest on Playboy Radio.
“Dr. Ziggy”, is a pseudonym, a "nom de plume" that reflects an affectionate term used by Freud’s mother who referred to her son as “My Golden Ziggy”.
- Dr. Fernandes also authors a Blog on the Swinging Paradigm in Psychology Today and he writes feature articles and Opinion Columns for several online Swingers Publication (Life on The Swingset, SDC, Shoes-only Travel, Swingers Board, CARAS).
- David Ley
Author and Psychologist
December 26, 2012, David worked with Dr. Edward in different groups
Dr. Fernandes' passion for his work (on passion no less) is clear. He is a committed, eloquent and able colleague in the field of defending sexual and mental freedoms.